Canadian DRIP & SPP LIST
How to read the Lists
- NAME: The name of the Company or Income Trust.
- TICKER: Stock ticker symbol of the company. Go to WWW.TSX.COM to look up the current share price.
- DRIP: Does the Company have a Dividend Reinvestment Plan. All should be Yes to be on these lists.
- SPP: Does the Company have a Share Purchase Plan. This is important since it allows you to buy more shares. What is a Share Purchase Plan?
- DISC: Does the Company offer a Discount, which could mean several things. Some companies discount the purchase price when the dividend is reinvested. Others give a bonus to your dividend payment. Almost always only applies to the reinvested dividend and not any optional cash purchases, but it's best to check the circular or the company's website.
- FEES: Are there any fees for Reinvested Dividends or for Optional Cash Purchases. Fees are BAD.
- SPP FREQ: How frequent Optional Cash Purchases (OCP) are processed in the Share Purchase Plan (SPP). Remember Optional Cash Purchases are just that, OPTIONAL. See FAQ Question #1. Read the What is a DRIP? for more basic details.
- SPP MIN: Minimum amount accepted per Optional Cash Purchase.
- LINK: A link is provided to the Plan Documents or Circular. Be sure to Right-Click and Open in New Window.
- NOTES: Any notes for the company.